One of the cornerstones of building a Gen-Y 2.0 REI business is leveraging the talents of others, not only locally but internationally. If you’re a fan of Tim Ferris like I am, you’ve probably heard a time or two how he uses the difference in world currencies to his advantage. What does that mean? Well if you earn dollars, live on pesos and pay your employees in yen, you can exponentially increase your buying power.
That is one of the best things about Fiverr! Fiverr brings together buyers (you guys) and various vendors from all over the globe into one market to exchange services for currency. Fiverr has exploded because you can often times find “gigs” for as little as $5 to perform a certain service. How is this possible you ask? Because 5 “dollars” could be worth a whole lot more to someone in Thailand than it would be here in the USA. You’ve probably heard the phrase “You get what you pay for”, right? Well that is true, and I wouldn’t expect much from your local graphic design firm for a whopping $5, but on Fiverr you can find individuals from around the world who are just as talented as those you could find locally charging 50x or 100x more for the same service.
When I first launched my REI business, I paid close to $250 for a very simple logo design. I could have spent $5 or $1o on Fiverr and would have gotten the exact same service. (too bad I didn’t know about Fiverr a few years ago!)
So, what are some gigs on Fiverr that are relevant to our business, here are the top 5 services I recommend outsourcing to Fiverr:
- Logo Design – now don’t get me wrong, you absolutely do NOT need a logo to begin investing in real estate. But eventually it is something you will want to consider, so that you can build brand awareness and continuity (important).
- Business Card Design – a business card says a lot about yourself and your brand. You want your business card to stand out from the crowd. If you get a cool business card, you save it, right? That is exactly why you want to invest $5 or more into the custom design of your business card.
- Record a Voicemail Greeting – please, I’m begging you, if you are using a voicemail service DO NOT let the robotic voice be the first impression a motivated seller hears when they finally pick up the phone to call you. Pay a professional, I’ve had this done a few times and it is well worth $5
- Skip Tracing – this can be a tedious, boring task but it is one that pays off big dividends. There are dozens of users on Fiverr who have access to great programs to do Skip Tracing and will offer their services to you. I’ve seen gigs for $5 to skip trace as few as one person and as many as twenty.
- Postcard Design – most of the mail fulfillment services allow for a design upload, if you’ve already developed a logo and want to create brand continuity it would be a good idea to get a custom postcard design put together that you can use. I’ve been quoted around $200 by some of the mail-house internal design department for this same service.
All in all guys, these are things I wish that I knew a few years back that nobody told me. I learned the hard way by spending more money and time that I had to and didn’t discover the superiority that global commerce networks such as Fiverr can provide!
For more ways to hack your REI business, and for the tips & tricks to succeed at this gig part-time, download my free eBook here.